Week 10 Destiny Madden League NFC Playoff Push Primer
1. Seattle Seahawks 9-0. The only undefeated squad remaining in the Destiny Madden League this season is the Seahawks. The number one scoring defense at 11 points per game paces the team. Or is it the number ranked scoring offense at 30 points per game? With seven games remaining could this team go undefeated and run the table for the perfect 19-0? With only games against 7-2 teams Philadelphia and Minnesota, Seattle has a very favorable record to lock up the #1 seed through the NFC chapionship game.
2. Dallas Cowboys 7-1. After dispatching young talented players, Dak Prescott and Amari Copper, in trades earlier this season the pressure is on Zeke Elliott and the defense. Speaking of defense, the 'Boys are second in points per game allowed and first against the run. But if they run up against a strong run defense can recently acquired Jacoby Brissett and the 32nd ranked pass offense make the necessary plays to make it to the promised land? Games against strong defenses Minnestota, New England, Chicago and Philly(twice) mayt answer that question.
3. Minnesota Vinkings 7-2. Another team with strong run game and run defense, the Vikes have been on top of the NFC North since the season started. Will the Vikings be able to keep this up even with the injury to Dalvin Cook for a second straight season? The defense led by Harrison Smith and Everson Griffin should keep them in games long enough for Capt Kirk to make the required plays to his excellent receiving corps. Big games remain against Dallas, Seattle, LA Cahrgers and the season finale against the rival Chicago Bears will be big tests to overcome for the Vikings.
4. Atlanta Falcons 5-3. The Dirty Birds enter week 10 with a one game lead on the Carolina Panthers for the NFC South division title. While the Birds have been flying high on offense, ranking fifth in total yards and third in scoring offense, the defense has been somewhat flight less coming with respective rankings of 28th and 27th in the same categories. Matty Ice and Julio will have their work cut out for them as they attempt to carry the load into the playoffs. With two games against Carolina, and a road trip to take on a strong Jacksonville team ahead it wont be an easy march to January football games.
5. Philadelphia Eagles 7-2. If Dallas stumbles at all, will the Eagles be in position to swoop down and snatch the NFC East crown? A week 11 matchup coming off the bye then a week 12 game against Seattle looms as the next steps toward that goal. With only one other game against Dallas as the only remaining game versus a team with a winning record. Vereteran leadership will be critical for Philly and its desire to compete for a second SB title in three years.
6. Chicago Bears 5-3. The Monsters of the Midway will have quite the journey if it plans on making it to the playoffs as Chase Daniel is the starter for the year. Will he be able to lead a strong enough offense, currently ranked in the 20's in most major categories, to score the necessary points to mount a large playoff push with games against Dallas, KC and Minnesota on the schedule?